1:1 clinical training in Mirena insertion for a limited number of community based doctors who are experienced in Copper IUD insertion. See prerequisites for MoH funding criteria.
This course is for experienced Copper IUD fitting doctors wishing to gain skills in Mirena insertion. Training will occur in a specific Family Planning Clinic at time arranged with doctor.
Registration is by arrangement with Dr Christine Roke, Family Planning Clinical Training & Development in Auckland.
Please send completed Registration Form to: email@example.com or Fax (09) 522 0130
- Full New Zealand Medical Registration
- Current Practicing Certificate
- Current Indemnity Insurance
- Have attended CPR and anaphylaxis training with last 3 years
- Be competent in inserting copper IUDs.
- Be able to work with a Family Planning clinical trainer, in a Family planning Clinic, to manage a consultation and fit up to 5 supervised Mirenas IUSs.
- Be able to fit at least 10 IUDs post training, per year to maintain competence
- Complete the training within one calendar year
- Be working in a community based practice
Please note that if you are receiving funding for a training programme, e.g. GP registrar, you are not eligible for free training.
As places are restricted, MOH has established a hierarchy for priority access to this course as follows
- Māori doctors working for Māori providers
- Non-Māori doctors working for Māori providers
- Pacific doctors working for Pacific providers
- Non-Pacific doctors working for Pacific providers
- Māori doctors working for health service providers
- Community/rural/urban doctors e.g. GP
Please note as there is a very long waiting list, we are requesting that you only apply if you meet two criteria out of the above six.
Terms and Conditions